Stewed Eggplants and Shishito Green Peppers.
You can have Stewed Eggplants and Shishito Green Peppers using 6 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Stewed Eggplants and Shishito Green Peppers
- It’s 2 of Eggplants.
- Prepare 10 of Shishito green peppers.
- Prepare 2 tbsp of ★ Soy sauce.
- It’s 1 tbsp of ★ Mirin.
- You need 250 ml of ★ Dashi (Japanese soup stock).
- It’s 1 dash of Sesame oil.
Stewed Eggplants and Shishito Green Peppers instructions
- Cut the eggplants in half lengthwise, make shallow cuts in a lattice pattern on the skins, and cut into 5 cm pieces. Remove the stems from the shishito peppers..
- Heat some sesame oil in pan, add the eggplants and shishito peppers, and stir fry..
- When the oil is well distributed, add the ★ ingredients and set an otoshibuta (small wooden drop-lid) on top, and simmer over low heat until the eggplant is tender..
- I also recommend adding slices of red chili pepper or finely cut konbu seaweed and simmering them together..