Tasty potato soup. Buttery, creamy, and made oh-so fragrant with the help of thyme and chives, this potato leek soup is the perfect companion to any cold. Learn how to make potato soup with the BEST Potato Soup recipe! It's quick and easy to make, nice and creamy (with zero heavy cream), and always so delicious.
Next add the potatoes, carrots, celery, mushrooms and poblano chile and simmer, uncovered, stirring occasionally, until the vegetables are tender and the soup has thickened. If you find the soup too. One of my go-to soup recipes and a reader favorite! You can have Tasty potato soup using 12 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Tasty potato soup
- You need 4 medium of potatoes peeled and chopped.
- Prepare 1 of season salt optional.
- Prepare 3 cup of chicken broth.
- It’s 1 of onion powder to taste.
- It’s 1 of garlic powder to taste.
- Prepare 1 of ground black pepper to taste.
- Prepare 3 tbsp of butter.
- You need 3 tbsp of flour.
- It’s 3 cup of milk.
- You need 1 of ranch seasoning to taste.
- Prepare 1 of sour cream to taste.
- You need 1 of shredded cheddar, bacon bits, and chives optional.
It's such a creamy and comforting soup. Just be sure not to leave off the cheddar and bacon (or ham), they add lots of flavor! Potato soup is a hearty soup that is perfect for a cold winter's day or whenever you have a craving If you want to know how to make a variety of delicious potato soups that are packed with tasty meats. This silky smooth, super versatile vegetarian soup is perfect for a dinner party starter.
Tasty potato soup instructions
- Peel/chop potatoes. Rinse then toss in large pot and cover with water. Salt with season salt if desired..
- Bring potatoes to a boil then reduce heat and boil for five minutes more. I covered mine but you don't have to..
- Drain potatoes and put back in pot. And add three cups chicken broth. Add onion powder, garlic powder, and black pepper all to taste..
- In a separate pot melt three tablespoons butter. Slowly stir in three tablespoons flour. Whisk until smooth and bubbly..
- Slowly stir In the three cups of milk. Heat through then add ranch seasoning and sour cream to taste. Mix well and simmer about 10-15 minutes stirring here and there. When done scoop soup into bowls and garnish with shredded cheddar, bacon bits, and.chives if you like. Enjoy!!.
A recipe triple-tested by the BBC Good Food team. There's nothing quite as soul-warming as a bowl of potato soup on a chilly day. It's comfort food at it's finest. And you'll definitely want to add these easy and delicious recipes to your dinner menu this fall. Spice up your dinner menu with one these rich, creamy potato recipes.