Tater tot casserole my way. I love this easy tater tot casserole recipe because it takes only a handful of ingredients and most can be found in my pantry. I frequently have ground beef and tater tots in the freezer so this meal is one I can pull together quickly and easily. You may have a Tater Tot Casserole before and chances are.
Spread half of the tater tots onto the bottom of the slow cooker; top with ground beef mixture and remaining tater tots. Cover and cook on low heat for My tator tots got very mushy, maybe it would be better to bake them and then add them. My husband ate his serving with chips for some crunch. You can have Tater tot casserole my way using 11 ingredients and 3 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Tater tot casserole my way
- Prepare 3 lbs of ground beef.
- You need 1 of med yellow onion chopped.
- You need 2 cloves of garlic minced.
- You need to taste of Salt and pepper.
- Prepare 1 (3 oz) of pack bacon bits.
- You need 1 (10 1/2 oz) of can cream of chicken and mushroom soup.
- It’s 16 oz of container of sour cream.
- It’s 1 (12 oz) of jar beef gravy.
- It’s 1 Tablespoons of parsley.
- You need 4 cups of shredded cheddar cheese divided equally.
- It’s 1 (32 oz) of bag frozen tater tots you may not use them all.
Tater Tot Hotdish is a quick and easy comfort food staple recipe all over the Midwest! This hotdish is full of meat, veggies, soup, cheese, and topped with But, I have found after making this casserole for years, that my way makes for the most flavorful casserole with the most accurate cooking time! If you've never heard of tater tot casseroles, get ready to have your taste buds rocked! Most Midwesterners are already aware of these mouthwatering dishes, but if you're unfamiliar, all you have to know about these quirky, potato-based dishes is that they are just as delicious and hearty as their.
Tater tot casserole my way step by step
- Cook and crumble ground beef add in onion, garlic, salt and pepper and continue to cook till beef is nice and brown and onions are tender. Then drain well and mix in bacon bits..
- Mix cream soup, sour cream, gravy, and parsley together and mix with ground beef..
- Add half of the meat mixture to a greased 13 x 9 inch dish top with 2 cups of cheese then repeat once then top with a even layer of tater tots and bake at 350 for 60 minutes or till tater tots are golden brown..
So this tater tot casserole definitely isn't fancy. Or healthy. or any other adjective that generally describes food that's good for you. My favorite ways to change-up this casserole This Tater Tot Casserole recipe uses almost a full bag of tater tots from the store. By Judy Kim and Lena Abraham. Are you an under cover tater tot lover?