Tomato Basil Soup with Ricotta Dumplings. This cozy tomato dumpling soup is filled with dumplings made of ricotta and Parmesan cheese and flavored with fresh basil. I first saw this soup recipe in How to make tomato dumpling soup. What's not to love about dumplings?
FOR DUMPLINGS: Meanwhile, combine ricotta Add flour and mix until just combined. Scoop dumpling mixture directly into simmering soup. Roasted organic tomatoes with garlic and fresh basil pureed into a delicious soup, served with a parmigiano crusted ricotta grilled cheese. You can have Tomato Basil Soup with Ricotta Dumplings using 12 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Tomato Basil Soup with Ricotta Dumplings
- Prepare 2 tsp of olive oil.
- Prepare 2 cloves of garlic.
- It’s 28 oz of can crushed tomato.
- Prepare 12-15 oz of can tomato sauce.
- Prepare leaves of Fresh basil.
- You need 1 1/2 cups of chicken broth.
- Prepare 1/3 cup of flour.
- It’s 1/2 cup of ricotta.
- You need 1/4 cup of grated parmesan cheese.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of salt.
- You need 1/4 tsp of pepper.
- Prepare 1 of egg white lightly beaten.
How to make Roasted Tomato Basil Soup. For the dumplings: rinse herbs, shake dry, pluck off leaves and chop finely. Combine with ricotta, lemon zest, Parmesan, egg and flour, mix to a Pour soup into bowls. Remove dumplings with a slotted spoon and drain, place on top of soup.
Tomato Basil Soup with Ricotta Dumplings instructions
- Pour olive oil into 3 quart sauce pan, press garlic into oil, cook over medium heat untill garlic is golden brown.
- Add tomatoes, tomato sauce, basil, and chicken broth..
- As that comes to a boil, in a bowl add ricotta, parmesan, egg white, flour, salt, and pepper. Mix untill just combined..
- Drop small scoops of ricotta mixture into simmering soup, cook for 3-5 min and serve..
Drizzle with remaining oil and sprinkle with red pepper. The soup is creamy yet more substantial than just creamed tomato soup. I love fresh ingredients and it incorporates fresh tomatoes, ricotta dumplings and basil all from the summer crop. This is one of the few times of year where we have fresh basil in the garden but want comforting soup. Tomato basil soup with ricotta dumplings has both and is one of our old faves!